Sunday, May 27, 2012

God and Goodness in the Little Things


183. The Little Things
If I am not your distraction,
Shall I ever be your devotion?
If you do not remember Me in the little things,
Will any miracle persuade you into believing?
.................

"This world is a distraction!", the mystics often warned. Indeed, they are not wrong. But sometimes it is the little things in this world that sway your thoughts to God and goodness. Like little flowers waving in the breeze. Like an unexpected hug from a nephew. Like a late night sms saying "Sayang, I love u!!!"

Traditional Malay warrior costume, meant really for the tropics
and not the desert. But still looking good. Hehehe

When it comes to the big things, I am not worried. For I have friends, small in stature, but with a big, big heart. They are on their final day in Jordan after participating in the Al Faris International Horseback Archery Competition. And soon, they will be flying home together with my brother, Poone.

Smiling... but this pair packs a punch!
Awesome, awesome pictures from the Videographerz

I have seen the pictures, loyally recorded by The Videographerz (click here to their Facebook page). Now I cannot wait to hear the stories!

A band of brothers...
Another band of brothers... (Poone is siting on the floor, second from the right
and wearing the traditional black Malay songkok)

Hope you are having a sunny Sunday, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: